New and interesting books...
Visit our Amazon Store to purchase these and to see many other new and interesting books about Korea.
- Korean American Pioneer Aviators: The Willow Airmen - by Edward T. Chang and Woo Sung Han
- Korean American Pioneer Aviators: The Willows Airmen is the untold story of the brave Korean men who took to the skies more than twenty years before the Tuskegee Airmen fought in World War II. The tale of the Willows Aviation School connects Korean, American, and Korean American aviation history. The book also correctly identifies the first Korean aviator and ties the origin of the Korean Air Force to the Korean American community who started the Willows Aviation School in 1920.
- Learning to Love Kimchi: Letters Home from a Peace Corps Volunteer - by Carol McGregor Cissel
- A young woman, fresh out of college, sets off on an adventure of a lifetime, 7,000 miles from home. What could possibly go wrong? Learning to Love Kimchi: Letters Home from a Peace Corps Volunteer is a memoir of her coming of age as a Peace Corps Volunteer in South Korea in the mid-70s. During the course of her two-year adventure, she learns to accept, persevere, and finally thrive, as she slowly learns to love kimchi.
- Korean History in Maps: From Prehistory to the Twenty-First Century - Lee Injae, Owen Miller, Park Jinhoon, Yi Hyun-Hae
- Korean History in Maps is a beautifully presented, full-color atlas covering all periods of Korean history from prehistoric times to the present day. It is the first atlas of its kind to be specifically designed for students in English-speaking countries. There is a map for each era in Korean history, showing every major kingdom or polity that existed on the Korean peninsula, and maps are also included for topics of additional historical interest, including each major war that took place. In addition, the atlas contains chronologies, lists of monarchs, and overviews of the politics, economy, society, and culture for each era which are complemented by numerous photos and full color images of artifacts, paintings, and architectural structures. This fascinating historical atlas is a complete reference work and unique teaching tool for all scholars and students of Korean and East Asian history.